We are pleased to report that we have been successfully having post-pandemic Contra dances since July 17, 2021. We want to thank you for your support throughout the years and let you know we are committed to bringing you safe and fun dance events with outstanding callers and musicians. Some examples of what we have done and are planning to do:
- We held a wonderful mini-weekend that we called “The Love Dance” (publicly the “I love you to the moon and back”) in February 2022.
- HMFS organized its first New Year’s Eve dance in 2021 and we will continue this new tradition in 2022.
- Traveling bands and callers have asked to come perform for you. To accommodate this wonderful pool of talented members of the community, we will be adding special dances from time to time (currently, one is scheduled for March 11, 2023).
- We had an amazing MonsterMash dance to celebrate Halloween, and we will do that again in 2023.
- The Moondance weekend was a great success in 2022, and we will bring it again 2023.
- We now have a strong presence in various Social Media forums: Facebook, Instagram; Tik-Tok is coming in 2023.
Here are a few housekeeping notes:
Please do not park, even part way, on the highway or the circle (River Falls Road or River Falls Lodge Road) including the bridge. Instead park completely on the grass. We want to make the roads clear for emergency vehicles to be able to easily get through. We also do not want to have any problems with the law. If possible, car pool to save on parking space. Thank you for your attention on this matter.
Admission to regular dances: Ages 14 and above– $10 cash; under 14 free if accompanied and supervised by a paying individual 16 or older. No coins please!
Are you a beginner? We strongly encourage you to attend our FREE beginner classes before every dance. Class starts at 7:30 PM. This is your chance to learn the basics of Contra dancing or just refresh what you know.
CAMPING is available on the grounds for $5 per person. Showers and bathrooms are available.
Check out our potluck dinner! We will periodically host potlucks before or after special events such as the Monster Mash dance or board meetings, but will announce them ahead of time, so stay posted and/or sign up to receive notification through the Yahoo Groups email updates.
Consider serving a term (or two) on our board. Harvest Moon Folk Society is always looking for a few good folks who would help give back to the contra dancing community. More information from any board member, or at the entry desk at any RFL dance. Please fill out the Board Application form to join our dedicated group of volunteers.
COVID 19 Policy: we do not require masks or proof of vaccination to attend any of our dances.
Looking for other dances? Please go to TryContra and enter the Zip code of the place you want to dance at. The website will list all dances in the vicinity of that location.